Monday, November 1, 2010

Introduction

Hi!  I'm Tim, a Korean Dad.  And, Yes!  Korean dads can and do cook!  Like most Korean parents, the measure of my love for my family can be quantified by how much I feed them, or at least by how many times I ask, "Are you hungry?  Did you eat?"  And I do love my family. 

So, here's my typical 1.5 generational fob-sob story:  We immigrated to the States in 1975.  My parents were never home, and my older sister (8yrs) and I (6yrs) had to fend for ourselves.  Eventually, my sister discovered her disdain for the culinary arts, and would pay me $2 per meal I cooked for her.  Not so bad for a kid back in the 70's, especially, because I found myself enjoying it, in fact, looking forward to it!  So, here I am in my 40's still cooking for my family, and still loving it!

Much of my cooking is of the Korean persuasion, but I have ventured in other cultures and styles, and I am really enjoying the discoveries.  So, allow me to share my love and my journey with y'all.  I will share recipes of course, but I will also share my epiphanies, as well as adventures in coming up with successful dishes that my typically finicky kids will eat, and some that were just utter failures.  I am also very involved in sportfishing, and will share some of my fishing and culinary adventures.

Thanks for visiting the site.  I'm glad you found me here.  Hope you enjoy your visit.  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment